We’ve probably all experienced how all sorts of unwanted things pop up in our heads. So many people today struggle on the mental level, in the form of depression, anxiety, and restlessness. It is said that the mind can either be our best friend, or our worst enemy. But how do we make this a reality in our lives? Should we try to stop the thoughts, or is it possible to give the mind a productive direction?
“If the yogi gives his mind a chance and does not restrain it, his mind will give facility to enemies like lust, anger and greed, and they will doubtlessly kill the yogi.“
Srimad Bhagavatam 5.6.4
- (1:09) The connection between the body, the soul and the subtle material energies of mind, intelligence and false ego
- (14:14) Does our mental condition affect our physical condition?
- (17:30) My mind—a friend or an enemy? Can I get away from it?
- (28:26) Following my mind—freedom or slavery? Training the mind.
- (41:10) What is life for? About suicide, and how real knowledge can save us.
- (45:26) Untrained mind and false ego keeps us in the material world
- (48:06) The solution—how to become the master of my mind. Who do I want to be controlled by?
- (1:07:39) So how to practically do it? Master my mind and achieve real happiness
- (1:11:48) Balakhilya’s spiritual journey—a gradual thing
- (1:20:16) We need a trainer/teacher if we want to be successful
Recorded on April 19, 2021. Read episode transcript on https://breakingtrail.life/podcast/4
Watch video version, contribute to podcast, join Facebook group, etc:https://linktr.ee/breakingtrail