It sometimes seems like the whole world is going full speed off track. With no proper spiritual leadership guiding the way forward, moral standards have been replaced by ‘just do what you feel like’. In part 2 of Finding a Spiritual Guide, we discuss how you and me can be lights in the world, an inspiration for others.
As an ancient Vedic text states, “Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues” (Bhagavad-gita As It Is, 3:21).
- (5:30) Moral guidelines & rules enable us to make a free choice in which direction we want to go, instead of automatically being pulled toward a negative direction
- (7:02) All too often when we interact with people, we’re trying to draw attention to ourselves. We should instead communicate; “Put your attention on spiritual growth and accomplishments, make this your horizon.”
- (12:23) The story of professional Slovenian snowboarder Marko Grilc, who recently died in an accident during filming. At the time of death, what have we accomplished?
- (16:52) An action is worth 1000 words; how we can be a force for good by being an influencer of positive values & morals.
- (19:43) As the world is designed to be imperfect, there’s no such thing as material perfection
- (24:33) Understanding “I’m not the body” is a huge step toward spiritual perfection
Recorded on November 29, 2021. Read episode transcript on https://breakingtrail.life/podcast/26
Watch video version, contribute to podcast, join Facebook group, etc: