“Your diet is not only what you eat. It’s what you watch, what you listen to, what you read, the people you hang around… be mindful of the things you put into your body emotionally, spiritually, and physically.” What do we ‘eat’ with our consciousness? Which mode of material nature, or which influence, do we let ourselves be affected by? And what is the result?
In the second part of our discussion on the psychological influences that control us, we dive into a more practical discussion on how to affect how we are being influenced. And how we can live a life directed towards cultivating the mode of goodness. The modes of passion and ignorance will always lead us into hurt and suffering, but mode of goodness can lift us up and lead us to a sincere search for the absolute truth. The mode of goodness brings light and wisdom, peace, harmony and deep insights into our lives. And by the principles of the yoga lifestyle we can place ourselves under the mode of goodness. Proper diet, lifestyle and good association can help us to invite the mode of goodness into our lives.
It’s up to us, and the choices we make. Remember: we can make this change in our lives – the change that is worth making.
- (1:34) About the ‘light and fast’ trend when going into nature
- (10:58) Everything material is in one of the three material modes, but goodness is the best choice
- (21:13) Why less is often more
- (33:55) The basis in any spiritual process is accepting a higher authority
- (47:14) The importance of association; if you hang around criminals, you become a criminal
- (59:29) Make a change somewhere, start something different
- (1:24:19) “Be mindful of the things you put into your body; emotionally, spiritually and physically”
Recorded on April 12, 2021. Read episode transcript on https://breakingtrail.life/podcast/13
Watch video version, contribute to podcast, join Facebook group, etc: